Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Diving In

So. At last I have given in to the mechanized world and consented to starting a blog. (Did you know the word "blog" was officially added to the Oxford English Dictionary last year? Guess that means it's here to stay!) This will have a more specific purpose than my cherished, fabric-covered journals from girlhood, however, in which the most earth-shattering event recorded was when a boy asked me to dance at the sixth-grade mixer. In the intervening years, I have deepened my faith and put down roots in Christ which I hope will not ever be easily shaken. Now, with a dear husband and with two small sons to guide into adulthood, I feel the need to live more purposefully for Christ. I want there to be no mistaking, from the outside looking in, what I live for and why I do the things I do. Not that I have all the answers, nor do I always act in accordance with my beliefs. As Paul said, "For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." -Romans 7:15 . I have a heart that longs for heaven and a mind that longs for cheesy mysteries, Doritos, and just a little more sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home